Major in Thermal Engineering Technology focus on knowledge and training skills, manufacturing chemical, operating and controlling thermal equipment (heating, condensing, reacting equipment, air conditioner equipment ect). Thermal equipment plays an important role at factories of food processing, beer-alcohol manufacturing,
Soft drinks, dairy processing plants, chemical plants etc
Thermal engineers are capable designing, manufacturing, installing, repairing, operating and maintaining equipment related to: thermal engineering, air conditioner engineering, renewable energy, energy saving engineering etc
By learning Thermal Engineering, students will:
– Be equipped knowledge about designing plans, basic, engineering and executing thermal and air system
– Be trained designing on manufacturing technology procedure, repairing process and research thermal and air system
– Be able to apply theory on reality, analyze and process information to do science research on thermal and air filed.
– Be equipped knowledge about society and skill in order to work in group or independently, communicate in English for working and researching
– Be trained and practiced at Polyco Group (Ha Noi) with a laboratory system, mechanical equipment factory, SAI GON – HA NOI Beer Factory
– Be employed at groups and members of Polyco Group during training process
More detail here
Human Resources requirements:
Human resources requirements on thermal major are about: 1000-1500 positions/year, in which, total engineers & bachelors reach about 500 – 800, even many students who have not completed curriculum can find a job.
After graduation, students can be applied to the following positions:
– In thermal factories: paper factories, food processing factories, textile factories, sugar factories, plastic factories and pharmaceutical industries
– Sea food factories
– Electric and Thermal factories
– Buildings of offices, restaurant, hotels, super markets, air ports etc
– Companies of manufacturing, business etc
– Companies of energy saving and renewable energy
– Consultant companies on thermal system domestic s and overseas as well as related filed.
According to credits:
– Numbers of creadits: 122 credits
– Enrollment procedure: Based on records of students graduated High School
Tuition Fee: 11,000,000VND/year.
East Asia University of Technology (EAUT) has leaders and lecturers who are professors and scientists such as Prof. PhD. Dinh Van Thuan – Rector of EAUT – Awarded Ho Chi Minh Prize in 2005 with works ” Applying and developing technology of mechanics – automation in agricultural product and food processing industry “brings big values to contribute to the development of the national economy and science. , engineering, literature, art.
In addition, EAUT also has a team of experienced technicians, experienced staff and lecturers who are prestigious lecturers taking part in teaching at University
LIST OF KEY CADRES
- Training process:
• 2014: Professor Cambridge
• 2013: Associate Professor
• 1966: Doctorate in Machine – Thermal and Refrigeration Equipment
• 1978: Engineer in Machine – Thermal and Refrigeration Equipment
• 2013 – present: Chairman of Member Council, Polytechnical Mechanical Thermal Electrical and Refrigeration Engineering Limited Company (POLYCO)
• 2013 – 2015: Rector, Vinh University of Industry
• 1996 – 2013: Lecturer of Hanoi University of Science and Technology; Director of Applied Research Center – of Hanoi University of Science and Technology
• 1979 – 1996: Lecturer of Da Nang University of Science and Technology; Deputy Director of Center for Research of New Pressure and Energy Equipment, Da Nang University of Science and Technology
Typical scientific research
• 2005: Research on energy saving techniques for breweries
• 2005: Research, design and manufacture on yoghurt processing line with the capacity of 6000 liters / h
• 2005: Research, design, manufacture and technology transfer of modern ethanol production line for Vietnamese Alcohol Factory
• 2005: Co-leader of the Ho Chi Minh Technology Award for Science and Technology in 2005: “Research, application and development of mechanical and automation technology in agricultural and food processing industry” excellent research on science and technology and save thousands of billion hc State, equivalent to imported.
• 2005: Research on energy saving techniques for brewers has been successfully applied for Thanh Hoa Brewery, saving> 20% of electricity, cooling for the factory.
• 2005: Awarded work of the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for outstanding work.
• 2004: Awarded the Vietnam Science and Technology Innovation Award VIFOTECH 2004: “Research, design and manufacture equipment for producing yoghurt 6000l / h”
• 2003: Design, manufacture equipment for production of sour milk 6000l / h
• 2002: Research, design and manufacture of alcohol production line.
• 2000: First Prize for Vietnam Science and Technology Innovation Award VIFOTECH 2000: “Research, design, manufacture and installation, modernization of brewing equipment system, waste plastic recycling equipment, one number of paper industry equipment … with the use of automation technology”
• 2000: Research, design, manufacture and application of automated systems for waste plastic waste treatment
• 1998: Research into the improvement, design and manufacture of solar water heater
• 1998: Research methods and equipment for collecting solar energy, converting solar energy to run absorption chillers
A. General objectives: To create ideal learning atmosphere, students are able to practice, study and acquire knowledge as well as improve moral. Training curriculum will give students conditions which are necessary to complete basic skills for professional fields to meet requirements 4.0 industrial revolution, backgrounds for students to keep learning and upgrade capacity and level.
B. Learning outcomes for specified requirements:
1. Moral, human characteristics and lifestyle:
– Strongly political ideology, good discipline organization, knowledge of ethical values and sense of civic responsibility
– Knowledge of social culture, economic and legal
– Professional ethnics
– Sense of learning to improve abilities and qualifications
– A good sense of health to work
2. Knowledge and majority:
– Comprehend basic principles of Marxism-Leninism, Ho Chi Minh’s thought and revolutionary lines of Vietnamese Communist Party
– Comprehend and apply knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences – humanities, information technology and basic knowledge in the training field
– Good foreign language skills
– Comprehend contemporary issues related to the field of specialization: Small capacity refrigerators and commercial ones, air conditioners used for cars etc; Industrial refrigeration systems: Freeze refrigeration system, cold storage, produce beverages (beer, beverage, ice, …); Air engineering: Air conditioning, ventilation, industrial dust treatment, …; Boilers and heating systems; Heat pumps and applications in food technology; Renewable energy: solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, …; Machinery and equipment for heat in food technology, chemicals: drying, distilling, extracting, crystallizing, concentrating, frying, baking, …; Water supply and drainage; Turbines and thermal power plants; Organizing, managing production and marketing of thermal equipment.
3. Job skills requirements:
– Have the following professional skills: Design and installation of refrigeration systems, air conditioning, ventilation, boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems etc; Consulting, supplying equipment, supervising the installation of cooling system, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply system, drying system etc; Efficient use of refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply systems, drying systems etc; Using heat pumps in food technology, life etc.; Using renewable energy in food technology, life etc; Quality inspection of thermal equipment, refrigeration; Operation, repair and maintenance of refrigeration systems, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply systems, drying systems etc.; Installation, commissioning and maintenance of water supply and drainage systems for buildings ; Design, installation, operation and maintenance of some equipment in thermal power plants.
– Be equipped with the following soft skills: ability to think, work independently, solve problems related to professional; Ability to self-study, research and acquire new technologies; Ability to work in teams, communicate in the specialization field; Collecting and processing information to solve problems in the field of specialization; To use information technology and foreign languages for professional and managerial work; Managing and executing the implementation of projects and works related to professional.
4. Employment position after graduation:
– Enterprise design, manufacture, installation, trading of cooling system, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply system, drying system …
– Enterprise consulting design, evaluation, supervision of construction of cooling system, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply system, drying system etc
– Enterprise services for maintenance and repair of refrigeration systems, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler and heat supply system, drying system …
– Establishments for training, research and transfer of thermal and refrigeration technologies.
– Agency for the quality inspection of thermal equipment.
– Enterprise uses refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, boiler, industrial heat system, drying system etc
– Enterprises designing, manufacturing, installing and trading renewable energy systems, heat pumps.
– Enterprise design, installation, equipment supply, operation, maintenance of hot water, cold water, gas and drainage system for buildings and buildings.
– Thermal power plants.
5. Ability to study and improve after graduation
– Ability to learn and transfer flexibly in the field of training related to specialization;
– Ability to self-study and study materials to improve and update new knowledge.