In the era of Industry 4.0, the Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering sector plays a very important role in the social life and the success of the country’s modernization. Thermal energy is present in all power generation processes and is an indispensable ingredient in industries such as: metallurgy, mechanical engineering, textiles, footwear, chemicals, oil and gas, food processing, etc., so the Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering sector sharply develops and has sustainable position in the modern economy.
Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering
Thermal Engineering (thermal, electrical & refrigeration) is a branch of knowledge that provides knowledge, trains skills in designing, processing, manufacturing, operating and controlling thermal and refrigeration equipment (heating, concentration, and reactors, dryers, chillers, air-conditioning equipment, etc.). Thermal and refrigeration equipment is an important component at food processing factories, breweries, wine and beverage factories, milk processing factories, chemical factories,
Groups of subjects for admissions:A00: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
A01: Mathematics, Physics, English
C01: Mathematics, Literature, and Physics
D01: Mathematics, Literature, English
Training in Thermal Engineering (electrical & refrigeration)
You will be equipped with basic and in-depth knowledge including specialized knowledge such as:
– Thermal – Refrigeration: Designing, consulting, constructing thermal, electrical and refrigeration system, central air conditioners for high-rise buildings, freezing factories, ice factories, cold storehouses, steam boilers, thermal and electrical, etc.
– Mechanics: Operation mechanism, manufacturing technology for the thermal, electrical and refrigeration industry
– Automate and control automatic thermal and refrigeration systems
Specialized subjects: Refrigeration engineering, ventilation and air-conditioning, drying engineering, steam boiler and thermal network, industrial furnaces, environmental protection engineering, automatic control for thermal-cold process, refrigeration and air-conditioning system design, steam boiler and thermal network design, steam boiler and thermal networks installation-operation-repair, steam boiler and air-conditioning installation-operation-repair, etc.
When selecting Thermal Engineering (thermal, electrical & refrigeration) faculty, the students will…
– Be equipped with knowledge of plan design, basic design, technical design and construction of heating, refrigerating and ventilating systems;
– Be trained to design manufacturing processes, assembly processes, process of repairing and exploiting refrigerating and ventilating systems; etc.
– Have ability to apply specialized theories into practice, analyze and process information to conduct scientific research on issues in the fields of refrigeration and ventilation engineering.
– Have appropriate social knowledge and skills, have ability to work independently and in groups, have ability to communicate in English in work, study and research.
– Have opportunity to be trained and practice at POLYCO Group with system of laboratories, equipment manufacturing factories, and SAIGON – HANOI brewery.
– Have opportunity to work for the Group and its members right in the training process.
Which skills do you need to learn the Thermal engineering?
In order to learn the Thermal engineering well, you need some skills such as:
– Skills in applying knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
– Skills in designing and conducting experiments, as well as the ability to analyze and interpret data and results.
– Skills in designing, monitoring – executing refrigerating, air conditioner systems and thermal systems in the field of refrigerating engineering.
– Skills in identifying, calculating and solving problems in the field of refrigerating engineering.
– Skills in detecting, clearing up and arguing issues in the thermal and refrigeration fields;
– Skills in researching, improving the efficiency and use the system of thermal and refrigeration equipment.
– Skills in using specialized software like: Autocad, Visual Basic, Matlab, etc.
Studying Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering at EAUT
East Asia University of Technology receives the direct investment of POLYCO Group – a leading group in research, design, manufacture and technology transfer in the food industry and is the major partner of many domestic and international corporations. With the aim of training highly qualified engineers to meet the real needs of the market, the University is applying modern teaching methods with advanced textbooks currently used in the country and in the developed industrial countries. The University strongly commits and assures to be the connection to help students have many job opportunities and practical experience.
Top teaching quality
Choosing the Thermal Engineering at East Asia University of Technology, the students will be trained by team of highly qualified and experienced staffs and lecturers. The staffs and lecturers are leading professors with long teaching experience and practical working experience at Polyco Group.
Practice makes perfect
In addition to curriculum at classrooms, the students also practice in laboratories sponsored by large partner corporations: Polyco Corporation, Siemens (Germany), Rockwell (USA). Besides, the students also take part in probation at factories and enterprises under cooperation programs with enterprises, etc.
Assure student’s outcomes
The students at the Faculty of Thermal Engineering at East Asia University of Technology shall be assured their outcomes. The university and student will make a commitment, each party shall keep one copy, the university commits that 100% of students will have job after graduation. Depending on the capacity of each student, he/she will be assigned to the positions of the partner corporation such as: Polyco, Sabeco, etc.
Training program: See more details here
The needs for manpower in Thermal engineering (thermal, electrical and refrigeration) is about 1,000 – 1,500 personnels/year, while annual total number of engineers and bachelors is only about 500 – 800 students, many students not yet graduated can find their jobs. Therefore, the Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering has extremely great career prospects.
What will the students do after graduating from the Thermal Engineering (electrical & refrigeration)?
Some positions that students can work right after graduation are:
– At factories and enterprises using thermal energy: paper mills, factories of food processing, textile, sugar cane, plastic industry, pharmaceutical products, etc.
– Seafood frozen factories.
– Thermal power stations.
– Office buildings, restaurants, large hotels, supermarkets, ports, airports, etc.
– Companies producing and trading in thermal and refrigeration equipment.
– Companies and units operating in the field of energy saving and renewable energy.
– Companies consulting in designing domestic and foreign thermal and refrigeration systems and other related fields.
Tuition fee: 16,000,000 VND/year. See more details here
East Asia University of Technology has a team of leaders and lecturers who are leading teachers and scientists such as Prof., Dr. Dinh Van Thuan – the Rector who won Ho Chi Minh Award in 2005 for the excellent work of the project group “Applied Research and Development of the Mechanical and Automation Technology in the Food and Agricultural product industry” bringing the great values, making an important contribution to the development of the national economy, science, technology, literature and art.
In addition, the university also has a team of experienced technicians and staffs and a team of prestigious visiting lecturers.
List of key staffs
- Training process:
- 2014: Professor at Cambridge;
- 2013: Associate Professor;
- 1966: Doctor in Thermal and refrigeration machineries and equipment;
- 1978: Engineer of Thermal and refrigeration machineries and equipment.
- 2013 – now: Chairman of Member Board, Polytechnic Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical & Refrigeration Engineering Co., Ltd (POLYCO);
- 2013 – 2015: Rector of Industrial University of Vinh;
- 1996 – 2013: Lecturer at Hanoi University of Science and Technology; Director of Research and Application Center, Hanoi University of Science and Technology;
- 1979 – 1996: Lecturer at University of Science and Technology, University of Danang; Deputy Director of New energy and Pressure equipment Research Center, University of Science and Technology, University of Danang;
Typical scientific research works
- 2005: Research on technical solutions to save energy for breweries;
- 2005: Research, design and manufacture the yogurt production line with capacity of 6000 liters/hour;
- 2005: Research, design and manufacture and transfer technology of modern alcohol production line for liquor factories in Vietnam;
- 2005: Co-manager of the project group winning the Hochiminh Award of Science and Technology in 2005: “Applied Research and Development of the Mechanical and Automation Technology in the Food and Agricultural product industry” was assessed exceptionally excellent in science and technology and saved thousands of billions for the Government, equivalent to imported;
- 2005: Research on technical solutions to save energy for breweries has been successfully applied to Thanh Hoa brewery, saving >20% of power, thermal and refrigeration for factories;
- 2005: The award of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), United Nations for best Scientific and Technological Project;
- 2004: The first ranking prize for Vietnam Scientific and Technological Creations Awards VIFOTECH 2004: “Research, design and manufacture the yogurt production equipment with capacity of 6000 liters/hour”
- 2003: Research, design and manufacture the yogurt production equipment with capacity of 6000 liters/hour;
- 2002: Research, design and manufacture the alcohol production line;
- 2000: The first ranking prize for Vietnam Scientific and Technological Creations Awards VIFOTECH 2000: “Research, design, manufacture, install and modernize the system of beer production equipment, waste plastic recycling equipment, equipment in paper industry, etc. using automation technology”;
• 2000: Research, design, manufacture and apply the automatic plastic powder treatment system;
• 1998: Research, improve, design and manufacture the solar water heaters;
• 1998: Research on methods and equipment to gather solar energy. convert solar energy to operate the absorption refrigerators.
- General objectives:Undergraduate program in Thermal Engineering at East Asia University of Technology creates an ideal learning environment to help the students cultivate, practice and self-improve professional ethics; provide the students with necessary and sufficient conditions to perfect the basic and essential skills for working in the professional fields to meet the requirements of the Fourth industrial revolution; and it is the basis for the students to continue improving their capacity and qualifications at postgraduate levels.
- Learning outomces specified by requirements:
- Requirements for ethics, personality, and lifestyle:
– Have a firm political and ideological stance, good sense of organization and discipline, understand the ethical values and sense of civic responsibility;
– Understand the culture – society, economy and law;
– Have professional moral qualities;
– Have a sense of learning to improve capacity and qualifications;
– Have sense of physical health training.
- Requirements for knowledge and expertise:
– Understand the basic principles of Marxism-Leninism, Ho Chi Minh’s thought and Revolutionary Line of the Communist Party of Vietnam;
– Understand and apply knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences – humanities, information technology and basic knowledge;
– Foreign language: TOEIC 450
– Understand contemporary issues related to the areas of expertise: Small capacity air conditioners: Household and commercial refrigerators. Civil air conditioners, on cars, etc.; Industrial air conditioners: Freezing system, cold storehouses, beverage production (beer, beverage, ice, etc.); Air engineering: Air conditioners, ventilation, industrial dust treatment, etc.; Steam boilers and heat supply system; Heat pump and application in food technology and life; Renewable energy: Solar, wind, geothermal, biomass energy, etc.; Thermal machinery and equipment in food technology and chemical: Techniques of drying, distillation, extraction, crystalline, concentration, frying, baking, etc; Water supply and drainage, domestic gas; Turbines and thermal power stations; Organize and manage the production and marketing of thermal and refrigeration equipment.
- Requirements for occupational skills:
– Have the following job skills: Design and installation of refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.; Consult and supply equipment, supervise construction and installation of refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.; Efficiently use refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.; Use heat pump in food technology, life, etc.; Use renewable energy in food technology, life, etc.; Inspect quality of thermal and refrigeration equipment; Operate, repair and maintain refrigeration, air conditioners, ventilation, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.; Install, operate and maintain gas and water supply and drainage systems for buildings and high buildings; Design, install, operate and maintain some equipment in thermal power stations.
– Equipped with the following soft skills: Ability to think, work independently, solve problems related to expertise; Ability to self-study, research and acquire new technologies; Ability to work in groups, communicate and convey information in specialized fields; Collect and process information to solve problems in the specialized field; Use information technology and foreign languages for professional jobs and management; Manage and administer the implementation of projects and construction works related to expertise.
- Potential occupations:
– Enterprises designing, manufacturing, installing and trading in refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation systems, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.
– Enterprises consulting in designing, appraising and inspecting the execution of refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation systems, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.
– Enterprises specialized in maintaining and repairing refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation systems, steam boilers and heat supply systems, drying systems, etc.
– Facilities for training, researching and transferring thermal and refrigeration technology.
– Quality inspection agency for refrigeration equipment.
– Enterprises using refrigeration systems, air conditioners, ventilation systems, steam boilers and industrial heat systems, drying systems, etc.
– Enterprises designing, manufacturing, installing and trading in renewable energy systems and heat pumps.
– Enterprises designing, installing and supplying equipment, operating and maintaining hot water, cold water, gas supply and domestic drainage systems for buildings and high buildings.
– Thermal power stations.
- Progression to further studies
– Have ability to flexibly transform in training fields related to specialty;
– Ability to self-study and research to enhance qualifications and update new knowledge in work.